Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Ready, set .... GO!

You would think that not much has happened since my post last night, but well, being the over-achiever ...

We have priced fireplace glass door replacements (close to 1k because the charming unit we have was installed in 1979 and even it's size is obsolete!) I filled out all the paperwork I could, including signing my rights away as how we'll discipline our child - even spanking a hand is forbidden. All I gotta say is that our baby better not even THINK about reaching to touch anything hot - especially those glass fireplace doors! We signed a Live-Scan form that had a separate page warning us that if we even so much as filled it out wrong, we would fail the scan! Now I have to make doctors appointments for both of us to have TB tests, HIV tests, Eye exams, hearing exams, mental evaluation, - pretty much the stuff you gotta do to join any of our prestigious armed forces. DMV reports on each of us are required, Credit reports, oh yeah - we even have to take our cars in to get a mechanic's report on them as well!!! Kid you not! We have to get a safety escape ladder to hang out of the upstairs bedroom, because I'm sure you can all picture me swinging like Tarzan on it when life gets boring ... we need to put locks on most of our cabinets (including garage), install baby gates at each stair landing, even though baby won't be here, or even be crawling for quite awhile.

We even have to have a list of baby sitters ready - as if that's gonna happen anytime soon (LOL)

I want to say thanks to Rob R. for sharing his and his wife's experience with a blog so I could gain valuable and comforting information. I hope to be able to do the same for others by being transparent and candid as we tread the well-worn path and see the spots where previous struggles happened along the way, dodging the curveballs that life throws at you and trying like heck to jump the hurdles without getting our feet tangled up in them.

This whole process has barely begun, but we are already neck-deep in it. One of the things we are praying about, even now, is that if the situation comes up where a birthmother has picked us, but then at birth decides to keep her child, that we will remain steadfast in our decision to not become devastated, but to rejoice that the Lord has and will equip her to be the best mom for that baby and we can know that being used isn't always a bad thing, especially if having us as a back-up plan has enabled a mom to remove some stress so she could make the right plan for her baby.

Now I am going to make copies of all the forms we filled out ...

No comments: