Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day ... but not for me!

Last night was so fun ... we got to be one of the 6000 people without power! No AC, no fans ... just lovely 80+ degree heat accentuated by the candles we had to burn. The neighbors were all leaving the complex, to go where? I don't know ... it was 10 pm when the power went out. I would have just tried to go to sleep, but I didn't take my blood sugar yet or get my last shot. Luckily, my sister gave Daniel the coolest little wind up flashlight for Christmas one year and it worked so well. He had to go to the garage into the earthquake kit to get it, but it was worth it.
In other news ... there is no other news for a change! Woo Hoo! I am now 32 weeks along, and today marks the beginning of my 8th month. Sonora is kicking up a storm and she is getting bigger and bigger seemingly by the minute ... that means I am getting bigger and bigger by the minute as well. Today she woke up sunny side up ... meaning her head is down, and she is facing my belly. Normally, she faces my spine but today there were 2 little knees poking me on either side of and about 2 inches higher than my belly button! She totally has ticklish knees, so if any of you want to tickle her when she gets out, you know where to go!
Well, I am going to try and finish an art project I have been working on for the last year with a group of 4 other friends. It's called the ABC's of Inspiration. We all got a blank book and we made art in each page and each page represents a letter in the alphabet. Mostly, we are doing bible verses. It is turning out so well, I can't wait to see the finished project. We started in Sept of last year and gave ourselves a year and one month. The plan was to complete 2 letters a month for a total of 26 2-page spreads, including the covers of our own books and sign-in page. I think it will be a neat thing to pass on to Sonora ... this alphabet book filled with God's Word and beautiful hand-made art. Anyway ... that's my plan for today. I hope you all have a great Labor Day ... stay cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things coming together for you guys- pregnancy, job, art projects. Thanks for your comment to my blog and connecting with us about where God has brought you. God surely is faithful in all things!