Tuesday, March 25, 2008

We're having a bad week ...


Yeah, so this picture pretty much sums it up.



Daniel's mom has been in ICU on life support for the last 2 weeks. The doctors sent for his brother, Brian to come home from the Army in Iraq. It's feeling pretty grim around here.

Thursday, Daniel slammed int0 the back of a car on the 57 freeway and we just got the news that his car is totaled. So, he is working 4 jobs, I am at the Farmer's Market once a week, and I try and do hair when I can, and we now only have one car. I can't believe it. I am so glad that nobody was seriously injured. Still bummed and in shock. The car was in great condition and paid for. Now our insurance will go up and we can't even get another car, so we are praying for some kind of miracle.

Then, Saturday, I picked up Sonora and she was burning up ... first fever ever. We were scared to death and wondering if Daniel may have brought something home from visiting his mom in the hospital. She was steadily climbing and when she reached 103.1, we headed for the urgent care. She lost her appetite and we were trying our best to cool her down with wet washcloths all night and baby tylenol. We kept her from going into a seizure, but headed for our regular doctor on Monday. She did not have strep throat, just a viral throat infection and her body killed it off, thank the Lord.

Easter was melancholy, as much as we tried to rejoice in the Ressurrection, we were just tired, and a little depressed. Sonora's picture pretty much sums it up.

I know things will get better, they always do. I almost didn't even blog all of this, but it feels better to get it out.

Please, when you think of us, send up a prayer.

We appreciate it.

Love,
Ant~*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable- bad week and all. She even looks soooooo cute when she is crying!! We are praying for you guys... God is faithful, He will work it all out, like He always does. We will also be praying for Daniel's mom and for Daniel.
Love Lisa and Eric