We are all sick. I mean the snotty, coughing, teary-eyed sick. Nobody in our house woke up feeling decent. Nobody wanted to take care of each other. Nobody wanted to get out of bed at all.
One somebody wanted to watch Dora. 2 somebodies did not. One somebody wanted to jump up and down on the bed. The other 2 somebodies did not want their brains shaking around. One somebody needed her diaper changed, 2 somebodies weren't in the mood to lift their heads, much less their whole bodies to get out of the bed and conquer the task at hand.
Still, we all got up, and served each other. We prayed, read the bible and sniffled and coughed our way through morning grace before breakfast that frankly I don't know why somebody wasted her time making sure it tasted so good when nobody could probably taste it!
I am here at the computer and in the next room, which is the bathroom, I can hear somebody splashing in her Vicks vapo-rub bubble bath while somebody is naming all the princess squirty toys. First you hear somebody yell "ELLA!" then ..."Yes, that's Cinderella." Next she yells, "no-whaa" which actually, today sounded more like "do-mah" with her stuffy nose ... and then Daddy said, "that's right! Snow White." And on and on he goes, naming all the princesses for her. I said, "babe ... thanks for knowing all their names." He said from the bathroom floor next to the tub, "it's part of being a dad, right? I mean, shouldn't all dads know this stuff?" And I smiled and thought, "wow. I am so lucky I have a man who thinks it's important to know what his daughter is in to and act like he loves it."
She is singing to him now ... the "shake your body na na na na shake your body like a crab " song from one of the Dora episodes. All she got out was "na na" which, again, sounded more like duh duh" today ... but he knew right away what song she was going for and now they are singing together. What a great day to all be sick and be able to be together.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment