Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Daniel laid off

I am so tired of being uncomfortable. I mean really really tired of it.

I know that I am not here on earth to be comfortable, but to be holy.

I get that.

I hate that I have emotions.

I hate that I have the ability to cause people to stumble.

I hate that I can't keep my mouth shut sometimes when it would be more tolerable for others if I remained silent.

I also hate sin.

I hate compromise ... the kind that goes directly against God's word.

I hate that so many people have become so tolerable of things that are wrong.

I am here, in my "home" wondering where we will lay our heads to sleep in a month.

I hate that.

I have never lost a home. I lived in my first home from birth until I was 19 and I lived in my last home from the time I was 23 until last year. I am all about stability.

I am in the most unstable time of my life, at a time when most people are settling down and getting ready to enjoy their grand kids. Instead, here I am with a very energetic toddler and no security of where we will live or if Daniel will have a job that will continue to provide for our family.

I am sick at the thought of packing up and moving.

Still, in the middle of all this complaining, I am so thankful.

I have love.

I have a beautiful daughter who kisses me and sings to me every day.

I have a faithful husband who is hard working and will be diligent to make sure we are taken care of.

In the meantime, I will try and make hair bows to sell as gifts, try to get some extra haircut appointments, I will try to find ways to make some extra income here and there to help out while I do my best to be a good example to Sonora of grace under fire.

Above all, I have Jesus.

No comments: