Friday, March 03, 2006

It's Official! We're getting the run-around!

Well, yesterday was my birthday - another year older, maybe even wiser. Daniel went to work after we had breakfast together. He decided to stop by the agency to see "in person" what was going on and why we don't have a social worker assigned to us yet. All this time, we have been "waiting on the FBI and DOJ approval" ... or so we had been told.

Well, yesterday the story was: "we're just waiting on all your reference letters." Uh - yeah, you mean the ones our friends mailed out 8 weeks ago? MMM hmmm. She tried to tell Daniel that none of them had been received. Now one, maybe - but all 3? So I immediately got on the phone with Amy, and Daniel got right on the phone with Mike and Lisa and we didn't even bother calling Gary and Debbie because I saw her the week the letter was to be mailed, so I know she made it a priority. All mailed and accounted for. Sooooo ... ...

WHY THE LIES????

Again, I will explain: understaffed, over worked people tend to LIE and MAKE UP EXCUSES instead of just looking you in the face and saying, "we are doing our best with the resources we have to process you as quickly as possible." THAT - I would have settled for. THAT kind of statement, I would respect and maybe not like, but I would at least understand - BUT DON"T LIE TO US TO OUR FACE!!!!

Has my confidence level in these people's ability to provide me with a professional service been lowered? OF COURSE it has! I am now suspect of if they will place a baby in my arms and say, "here's a little baby with no drugs in it's system" but they will know otherwise. There are other things that make me leery of this agency - but to be fair, we have only dealt with one woman to this point. We're already in it for a few thousand dollars, and I don't know how to go to my parents and say - this is stupid, can we back out? The contingency of accepting their help was to go with this agency because it is the one I was adopted from. Well, obviously the level of integrity and service and gone down after 42 years. I don't mean to be ungrateful, or a pessimist - I just feel like we are getting the total run-around.

Saving grace? I'll tell you what the saving grace is - it is the fact that we are placing our trust in JESUS and not the agency, not the woman who is representing the agency and we trust HIS timing, not anybody elses.

I talked to Ivette last night and we were saying how this same time last year, she was becoming a mom (again) while Amy was becoming an underaged grandma and I was still without children and how none of it makes any sense. All 3 of us had our own plans in high school that we would fantasize about, and none of us got what we expected. We're all okay. We probably wouldn't trade any of our circumstances with each other - but it sure is odd how it all turned out.

1 comment:

Jena Ream said...

This is normal for any government agency. It has to go through 15 people to show up in the system. Maybe they are correcting the spelling in the letters?