Okay, so Saturday, I went to Jeff and Carrie Gage's going away party. They are moving to Colorado Springs. Carrie had a big plastic bin filled with baby-girl clothes that belonged to Sophie that she saved especially for me! She said, "I saved the best for you ..." and it made me feel so special. I know that we can't go out and buy new stuff and go baby crazy, so it was so sweet when she said that. It really showed me that just because we can't have all new doens't mean it can't be all nice. THANK YOU Carrie and thank you Jesus!
Then, Sunday (yesterday) we went to Disneyland for a couple hours to hang out with Hector and Charlene (okay - okay, we admit, we really went to hang out with Sierra and Luis!) Anyway, at the end of the night when we were saying goodbye, Charlene says, I have a surprise for you ..." and she pulls out this pretty gift bag. Inside was a Burts Bees baby bath care kit, all the amazing smells that make you just want to eat up a fresh, clean little baby! And then there were 3 envelopes. One was from Jena, one from Pippi (aka Rachel) and one from Charlene. Inside these magical envelopes were enough money to buy ourselves the crib! WOW! Charlene had gone on myspace and contacted some friends she saw on my list and got together an internet babyshower (so-to-speak) WHAT A BLESSING! Thank you Charlene! And Thank You Jesus!
It doesn't end there ... today I am driving to Lowes and I get a call from Mallory. She said she and Garrett had something for me, a "surprise" and she was going to drop it off with Daniel. So, I get home and it was a FAT envelope. Daniel and I opened it together and in it was enough 20 dollar bills to buy us our new stroller system with the carseat! Now we have all we need for the homestudy and inspections. They will be able to place a baby at any time after the 12th (assuming we pass the homestudy.) THANK YOU Gars and Mally Mal, you spoil us!! And Thank You Jesus!
Here we are, having spent all our time, energy and funds on all kinds of processes, classes, gadgets and tools to make this process go smoothly, and it felt like all the fun got zapped out of us and we didn't know how to get into the swing of getting excited for baby ... well, we have an excellent head start now!!!
I go forth with some trepedation, knowing that this could be yet another "hurry up and wait" time. I hope it isn't, I don't know which way it will go, or how long it will take, but it sure is nice to have the kind of support that doesn't require immediate gratification - the time-tested friendships that *get it* when you are not in a conventional pregnancy. It means alot to us that people can get excited knowing it may not be for months and months still. Thank you all, and THANK YOU Jesus!
Monday, October 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment