Little Miss Sunshine
It just keeps getting better and better. I honestly didn't think it would be this great. I knew I would love being a mom, but I had no idea how much fun and rewarding it could be so early on.
Sonora just smiles and laughs all day long. I am not even kidding. I think all the prayers that everyone prayed for us must have over-saturated her or something, and the leftover results are that she is just a living doll! Sonora loves to go and visit people.
She LOVES looking at new faces, and some old faces, too. She likes to read,

she likes to play in her walker.
She loves taking a bath, she loves being changed on her changing table.
She talks the most when she is being changed. I don't know if it is the distance that our faces are apart during that time or what, but she is just a little chatterbox. Tonight she had Daniel in stitches.
He laughed and she laughed at him laughing, and then a vicious circle began and the next thing you know, the two of them were just cracking each other up!
She loves talking to my dad.
She loves laying on my mom's lap to take a nap or watch the Lakers. Sonora will just lay across my mom's lap as if she is a lounge chair.
Of course, my mom doesn't mind one bit. She loves being Sonora's grandma. Sonora thinks that her fingers are the best tasting things in the world ... I can't get them out of her mouth!
She began squeeling a couple days ago when Daniel would pick her up, of course he just loves that.
She and I have some special times also, but they are abit more personal and are usually not caught on film. I do like putting lotion on her and making her smell good after her bath ... we do little baby exercises together.
I'd have to say that right now, my favorite times with Sonora are when I am feeding her or when I pray with her in my arms before laying her down to sleep. She looks up at me and melts me with those beautiful eyes. I love it when she is all milk-drunk and half-asleep. She will open one eye, or open both eyes only halfway, and look at me to make sure I am still there. Then she will flash that toothless grin and fall right back asleep. I will massage her gums at night with one of those bumpy finger sleeves with the little brush on the end, and she will just lay there with her mouth open wanting more and drool to her heart's content. I know it sounds mundane, but to make my baby happy and content is the most amazing thing in the world to me right now. I feel like a hero when I get her to burp and I cheer her poopy diapers! Honestly, I would never have believed it if someone told me I could be this much consumed with one person. It's the best, and I am so thankful to all of you who prayed us through the rough and tough times during the pregnancy in wonderland ... I mean it, I really am grateful for all you have all brought me through and I will be the best mom I can possibly be, so you all can bear the good fruit from your prayers!XOXO
Ant~*
No comments:
Post a Comment