I don't want to forget the things that make being a mommy amazing and wonderful! Sonora is about 14 weeks old, and already, she can sign the word "eat". She also grabs at her waist when she wants her diaper changed! She is cooing, and gooing and laughing now ... she melts the heart of everyone she meets. She stares people down ... she literally will look deep into people's eyes and even make some people uncomfortable by not letting up with her gaze. She is beginning to open and close her hands this week. She rides her imaginary bicycle and wants to go all over the place on it.
She loves it when her nonna kisses her belly and will puff out her belly for more! Today, her daddy was playing with her and when he counted to 3, she would throw herself backwards in his arms and let him catch her. Then when he tried to show off this new trick, she wouldn't do it, but she would smile really big every time he got to the number 3, as if to intentionally embarrass him! She will sit like an angel at restaurants, and at church, but she will go baulistic if I don't feed her in time. She sleeps through the night now. I can't believe how big she seems at times, and also how little and helpless. She holds her head up like a pro, she hates tummy-time, but will endure it and lift her head.
She is now trying to have fun in her walker at my parents' home and she will humor them. She loves to talk to my dad, her grandpa, and she will perform on cue for my mom by attempting to clap *with closed fists* ... she lets me put her hair in one or 2 ponytails and lets me trim her bangs. She loves talking to me, quite loudly, when I change her. She LOVES talking a bath, and she cries often when we take her out. She holds her breath and closes her eyes now when I rinse the shampoo out of her hair in the shower. She loves her book of colors and follows my finger as I point to things when I read. All this at only 14 weeks. I am blown away. I think that I don't know any better, so I just teach her everything and talk to her all day long and continually sign to her and treat her as if she can understand it all. I will sit and listen to her and repeat her babyisms so she knows I am listening. I still have a heart to serve my little one. I want her to grow and know and choose Jesus. I want her to love and serve others. I think that I can only get her to do this by example. I haven't yet slept a whole night through even though she has. I am always checking on her either by her video monitor, or going in and just leaning over her crib ... I love watching her sleep. I love holding her when she is milk-drunk. I can't even describe the awesome feeling of making her smile, and of comforting her when she is upset.
We went to a surprise birthday party for Karen from Camp Alandale last weekend and Sonora was a dream, as usual. Well, after the party, as we were walking out of the building, we saw a father/daughter dance going on in another banquet room, so Daniel tool Sonora in for one dance. There were all these "little" girls of varying ages and their dads, and I saw a very precious glimpse into the future.
I LOVE watching Daniel love her. I thought I would be so jealous of her and their special relationship, but I am beyond blessed by it. I am so humbled by being a parent. I am so blessed and amazed. I don't want to forget the awe I feel and the wonder, and the peace and the excitement and all of the emotions in between ... even the emotions that they haven't made up words for, because beleive me, they are there.
Saturday, February 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment