Friday, August 28, 2009

life's best ...

I have been sick all week. Migraines, vomiting ... there were some moments that I didn't think I would pull through. I was puking and Sonora burst into the room and said, "Ma Ma, sick?" and then grabbed my leg from behind and held on for life WHILE I WAS THROWING UP! I kept saying, "Sonora please leave ... get out ... mommy needs a minute ..." in between heaves, but she wouldn't budge.


Finally when I stopped, she ran into the living room, came back with a Lego Duplo block and a toy spoon and said, "here Ma Ma ... eat this medicine ... feel better."

Oh my gosh ... at 22 months, the girl wanted to take care of me. I was stunned and so in awe.

Well, this morning I had a blood panel test done to see what's up since I have been feeling more and more ill lately. Sonora had been a real trooper these last few days, so I decided to take her to Disneyland and let her run around and get some of her cabin fever out.

We took a small detour to Chili's in Irvine where a dear friend of mine met us for a super spontaneous late lunch. We enjoyed our silly character of a waiter while we quickly swapped stories to catch up on life's recent events all in between entertaining Sonora who was trying her hardest to act like a grown up, though she just wanted to be silly and jump around. After lunch at the car, Vicki and Sonora had some fun taking pictures of each other, and Vicki was astonished at Sonora's mad camera skills. She was so impressed, she handed Sonora her own camera and we asked her to take some pictures of us ...Daniel joined us after work and we did Tiki Room with pineapple whip and I got us a spot for fireworks while he took her to see Small World.
On the way out, she wanted to stop in the little mini theatre on Main Street so I told Daniel I would go on ahead to the News Stand where I left a purchase to be picked up later.


I was there waiting and all of a sudden a crowd comes walking through the tunnel and I saw mouse ears in the distance. They were walking sooooo slowwwww and all these people were flashing pictures and looking at Minnie and her guest of honor. I grabbed my camera and left the empty stroller I was pushing hoping to catch a glimpse of some star so I could show Daniel when he finally made it through the crowd to get to me.


Imagine my surprise (okay, not THAT surprised ...) when it was SONORA that Minnie was escorting out of the park tonight! I said "Sonora! Are you walking with Minnie?" And she said, "Ma Ma! Minnie holding hand! THIS hand!" and she held up Minnie's in her hand to show me.

I video taped a bunch of it and took a few stills.What a great moment ... one of life's best ... to be looking for a celebrity and find the jewel of my heart being treated like royalty and then for her to be so excited to see me and tell me about it and want to share it with me! I am the luckiest mommy in the world!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Absolutely awesome. I hope you are feeling better my friend. Please let me know if you need help or anything.

Chelle said...

That gave me chills...so cool that you found your daughter holding Minnies hand :). That is PRICELESS!