Well, I made it through. I was awake the entire time, talking to the doctor and Kyle, the 12-year-old Doogie Howser anesthesiologist! He said if I felt anything at all to tell him so he could put me to sleep. Ya right. I felt a few things - not very pleasant, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want him to activate the sedative. Sonora was a trooper ... her heart rate was 144 (normal for her is around 144-148) I made it through the entire thing eyes wide open. Dr Petrie said I did great, and I didn't even need to go to recovery, I went straight to where they admit you, got my clothes, and left. (They did let me keep my undies on - so thanks to those of you who prayed for that!!!) Oh, and they strapped me in very loosely, because they had to tilt the table sideways, but I was able to get my hands in and out and scratch my face if I wanted and stuff. It was AWESOME! Mind you, the local is still in effect ... the surgery lasted from 7 till about 8:20. I will have a crescent moon shaped scar from it right below the nipple. Dr Petrie made the incision in such a way that I will still be able to breastfeed ... thank God he didn't tear up the milk glands. So that is a praise report. Now all we need is for good news with the pathology so all his hard work doesn't go to waste!
On the way home, we stopped at the medical supply place over on Harbor Blvd next to Best Buy to get an ice pack. Well, we got it in like 2 minutes, and spent the next hour trying to get the car started! The car for some reason wouldn't acknowledge the key. So, we had to call triple A and then call my parents to take me home while Daniel waited for Triple A and then I realized we had another key, so my parents took it over there and it worked so Daniel just walked in the door.
Okay, I want to call you all and say thank you personally, but the local is starting to wear off and I need to sit with ice 20 minutes on, 10 minutes off. They said to do this for 4 days straight since I can't have any pain killers. So off to bed I go like a good girl
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING!!!!! It got me through the worst part, which was when they made me say goodbye to Daniel and they wheeled me away, and then the guy left me in the hall alone outside the Operating Room. That was the WORST few moments of the entire thing. I wanted to jump off the gurney and RUN RUN RUN!!! I started to tear up and I thought, "there are people praying for me right now ... I can do this ..." and I sucked it up. When Dr Petrie came around the corner, I was so glad to see him ... a familiar face. And I was fine the rest of the time. So, again, THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
XXOO Ant~* (and Baby Sonora)
On the way home, we stopped at the medical supply place over on Harbor Blvd next to Best Buy to get an ice pack. Well, we got it in like 2 minutes, and spent the next hour trying to get the car started! The car for some reason wouldn't acknowledge the key. So, we had to call triple A and then call my parents to take me home while Daniel waited for Triple A and then I realized we had another key, so my parents took it over there and it worked so Daniel just walked in the door.
Okay, I want to call you all and say thank you personally, but the local is starting to wear off and I need to sit with ice 20 minutes on, 10 minutes off. They said to do this for 4 days straight since I can't have any pain killers. So off to bed I go like a good girl
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING!!!!! It got me through the worst part, which was when they made me say goodbye to Daniel and they wheeled me away, and then the guy left me in the hall alone outside the Operating Room. That was the WORST few moments of the entire thing. I wanted to jump off the gurney and RUN RUN RUN!!! I started to tear up and I thought, "there are people praying for me right now ... I can do this ..." and I sucked it up. When Dr Petrie came around the corner, I was so glad to see him ... a familiar face. And I was fine the rest of the time. So, again, THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
XXOO Ant~* (and Baby Sonora)

1 comment:
I am so pleased and relieved to know that things went so unbelievable well for you. God is so good. Ryan and I were praying for you both all this week and this morning and it is so wonderful to see the fruit of that prayer (along with all the many other people praying for you). I wanted to call you but figured you would be resting. I have to imagine you won't be at church on Sunday because of resting, maybe Ryan and I can stop by if you feel you are up to having some company. I'll give you a call tomorrow or Saturday and see how you're doing. Again, I am so pleased you are doing well. We will continue to pray for you and that the pain will not be too severe. Way to go Sonora, you kept your mommy strong! :)
Post a Comment