Friday, August 01, 2008

I used to wonder ...


It used to boggle my mind how food could end up smushed in the back of a child's hair. What was happening during meal-time? Were these parents not paying attention? Were they too lazy to clean up their kid's hands after supper? What kind of non-kid friendly food was being served at these meals that nobody seemed to be attending?



Now I know.



And I'm not telling.



Also, WHAT THE HECK ... I carry this child for 9 grueling months. I avoid even the slightest sip of caffeine to protect her during the pregnancy. I inject myself 4 times a day with insulin to relieve her pancreas. I endure breast surgery with NO ANESTHESIA ... twice ... and then I undergo a c-section. It doesn't stop there. I am the one to breastfeed her. When you add up the hours at 40 minutes a day every 2 hours for the first 4 months, then about 25 minutes a day 3 times a day thereafter ... plus some comfort minutes here and there in between ... Again eating the "right" foods and giving up my body to her every whim. What do you think her very first words are?


"Hi Dad."

"Book."


She crawls...



therefore, I run.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

she is getting to be such a big girl...I love it. Jeremiah said "dadda" first also. After reading your post I then decided to estimate how many minutes I have nursed Jeremiah so far...and the total is...72,000 minutes...YIKES...or 1200 hours!!

Anonymous said...

My first time ever seeing her with a dirty face!!! I love it!!!! Dirty face and all, she still looks like an angel!!! We love you guys. Love Lisa and Eric