Yeah, the home is child-proofed and ready to go. We have the earthquake kit, the clothes if it's a girl, the crib, carseat and stroller, but the kind of preparing I don't have done is the personal stuff that I think, later on, will matter to my next child. Today I worked on birth announcements. I made one for a girl, which is totally different than Sonora's. I prepared Sonora's before I went to the hospital and all I had to do was insert her name, the statistics and a picture. The font was chosen, the colors were chosen, the graphic work was done way beforehand.
The day Sonora was born, I had paper and ink ready to make her hand prints and foot prints. I already had a scrapbook made waiting to put pictures in. I was prepared for those things. Now, as I wonder if "this is it" and we will get a call saying "come pick up your baby" I think to myself, "I don't want this child to feel ripped off." I had a gazillion ultrasound pictures of Sonora and just as many videos of her swimming around inside of me. I doubt our next baby will have anything like that. I want this baby to know it is longed for, cared for, wanted and loved. I want this baby to know that I was preparing along the way for his/her arrival. I need to get on the ball. This baby will have pictures of itself alone, without Sonora in every single shot. This baby will be it's own person, not just a little additive to our family. It will be special and will know it.
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! So much happens in your life all at once. I try to check your blog often and I missed a few days and OMG!!!!
We are praying for you and the birthparents and of course the little baby girl.
As for being prepared as much for number 2-Andrew has a scrapbook for every few months-Anya got one for baby to age 2. NO kidding when the second one comes along you simply don't have the time or energy.
Post a Comment