Monday, August 13, 2007

We find out Thursday ...

Okay, my stomach is in knots ... well, Sonora is having her fair share of gymnastic practice, but also, I am a bundle of nerves. Daniel called me while on his way home from work and said that this Thursday everyone in the department has a meeting with the boss (aka our friend, David) I guess this will be the time they tell people who stays (if anyone) and who goes. Daniel's appointment is at 9:15, I believe. I know just yesterday I was complaining about being in employment purgatory, so I guess I should be praising God for the answer to prayers ... which is please let us know what is going to happen with Daniel's job. I know that no matter what, we will be fine ... but here are the 2 options we will know for sure by Thursday: Daniel will lose his job and if that happens, we don't know if there is any severance pay or not. In that case, in order to keep our existing insurance, we will have to get on Cobra, which is about 400 a month. We are currently paying around 120 a month for excellent insurance. *OR* Daniel will be given a new position but it will be at a decrease in salary by 7K annually which amounts to a $585 loss per month. Either way, it doesn't look good.
You know what? It sure beats cancer. I have to keep saying that to myself.
Okay ... deep breath ... I need to get a grip here and trust that God knows and is not surprised, so it is OK.
Well, I guess we will all know on Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I worked with Daniel and Outreach a couple of years ago. I'll be praying for his job situation. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Hi to Daniel. God is good.

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard, thanks for stopping by the blog. Daniel says hi and that the Mission isn't the same without you! And yes, you are right ... God IS good!