As much time as I spend thinking about Sonora and going to the gazillion doctor appointments and trying to keep myself somewhat healthy during this amusement park-style pregnancy, there is someone I haven't forgotten along the way.
This person is very important to me. This person is someone I have been praying for and thinking about every day, even though I haven't written about them in awhile. When I picture Sonora here with us in a couple years, I always add this faceless person in my family snapshot and wonder what it will be like when they are with us, too.
We are still on an adoption journey. We are still adopting a child. Whenever I picture our future, Sonora's sibling is always there with us, in my mind.
I am always thinking about this child's birthparents, about what they are going through right now as I am going through my own pregnancy. I always think about what they are doing and how they are taking care of themselves, or not taking care of themselves. I think and wonder if the baby is born yet, how old it is, if it's had a hard life so far. I don't even know anything, but I know God has a plan and we are striving to stay in it.
So, yes, we are having a little girl of our own, but somewhere out there ... someone will be having another baby who we will also call, "our own." I wonder who it will be ... I still can't wait to meet them!

No comments:
Post a Comment